Useful File Utilities
6. How to delete all BAK files from directories and it's subdirectories.
Current tutorial shows how to delete BAK files from directories and it's subdirectories.
Sometimes we need to remove garbage files (files which have BAK extension or any others that depend from the application which created them) from the project which have placed in several subdirectories. So we launch Useful File Utilities and perform the following steps for clearing our project by preparing it for the backup:
1) Firstly, directories or (and) files within which we want
to find a garbage files need to be selected. That's can be done by using
right button of the hand-point device or pressing direction buttons and SPACE. The
selected files will be printed in red color. Then we need to press to
the "Send to Basket" button on the bottom of the program.
2) Then we need to open a Basket drive in the file panel and select only the garbage files which we planned to delete. All files will be selected after we moved them to the Basket so we will deselect them by choosing "Unselect All" from the "Mark" menu of the UFU.
3) On the current step we need to select only the garbage files. For doing that we choose "Select group" item in the "Mark" menu and then type "*.bak". After pressing to the OK button we will get all garbage files to be selected.
4) Then we will press to the F8 button on the keyboard for launching dialog box with the deleting options. As we want to remove garbage files from the disk we need to set ON the "Delete from disk" option.
5) After pressing to the OK button we will remove all garbage files from our project.
Copyright © ReplSoft.com