Useful File Utilities
3. How to rename files.
Current tutorial shows how to rename files.
Sometimes we need to make changes in file names. For example convert all file names to lower case or delete some phrase from the names e.t.c. So we launch Useful File Utilities and perform the following steps for renaming files:
1) Firstly, we need to move files which we want to rename to the Basket drive. For doing such step we need to select directories or files which we want to rename. That's can be done by using right button of the hand-point device or pressing direction buttons and SPACE. The selected files will be printed in red color. Then we need to press to the "Send to Basket" button on the bottom of the program.
2) Then we need to open a Basket drive in the file panel and select only those files which we really want to rename. All files will be selected after we moved them to the Basket so we will deselect them by choosing "Unselect All" from the "Mark" menu of the UFU. Then we will select files which we planned to rename.
3) On the current step we need to choose "Renamer" mode by pressing to the "Renamer" button on the top of the program.
4) "Renamer" utility allows us to rename files by specifying many parameters. Some examples shows below. Additional information can be read from the help included with UFU.
a) Parameters for convert all selected files to lower case:
b) Parameters for delete phrase "resize of" from the names of the selected files:
5) "Preview Rename" button will be in green after steps above and that's a signal that operation can be performed. So we just press to the "Preview Rename" button.
6) An opened "Preview Multi-Rename Tool" window shows us new and old names of the files. If all is OK then renaming can be launched. So we will press to the "Start Rename" button.
7) An opened "Multi-Rename Tool" window shows us the result of the operation. "Operation completed!" message gives us a signal that rename of the files has been finished. So we will be able to close the "Multi-Rename Tools" window.
Copyright © ReplSoft.com