Last updated: May 16, 2017
Useful File Utilities
Information about Batch Replacer for MS PowerPoint
Download Batch Replacer
for MS PowerPoint (587 KB) (version 2.5)
See also: Batch Replacer for MS Word
Batch Replacer for MS Excel
Batch Replacer for MS PowerPoint
is a plug-in which helps to make a multi-replacement operations in MS
PowerPoint files with using parameters from the MS Excel Translation table.
One can use it if Useful File Utilities have already been installed in
the computer. It can really save a great deal of time: no need to open
each file and make the replacement and then open the other file and so
on. All can be done in few seconds and as many files as you want may be
Batch Replacer for MS PowerPoint offers such distinctive features as:
- Support Unicode (foreign language) search and replace;
- Multiple searches at one time;
- Search and replace with all PowerPoint's options such as Case sensitive,
Whole word etc.;
- Create backup files for the processed documents;
- Save processed documents to the files which names generate by mask;
- Complete program documentation.
How to use it:
- Create a MS Excel Translation Table. In column A enter the
word or expression that should be replaced. In column B enter the word
or expression it should be replaced by.
- Select the needed files in the main program (UFU) – those, in which
the replacement is to be done. The files can be selected by pressing
"SPACE" (names of the files become red).
- Open Batch Replacer for MS PowerPoint in "Plug-ins"
- Select the Translation Table created on the first step by pressing
"Browse..." in the "Translation Table" panel.
- "Case sensitive": Batch Replacer will find and replace
only words, that have the same form in letters (capital or small) as
pointed in column A of MS Excel table (for example, if there is "Hello"
in Excel table and "hello" in the document, Batch Replacer
won’t replace this word).
- "Whole word": Search and Replace only whole words.
Searching for the "cat" can search for the words which contain
"cat". (Example - "category"). If "Whole word"
is enabled then it will find the "cat" only and did not find
- Having marked all the nescesary options, press "Start Replace".
- When the replacement is done, the statistics is shown: size before,
size after, changed size, amount of changed words or expressions and
status of the document (changed or unchanged).